Friday 8 November 2013

Friday Feeling #1

Hello chaps and chapesses!

Happy Friday!  I know traditionally Friday is meant to have that woo-hoo-it's-the-weekend-I'm-so-giddy-get-me-a-Crunchie feeling, but it doesn't always happen.  We all have those long and busy weeks where you get to Friday and feel drained.

So, to try and bring a bit of end-of-the-week giddiness back into the world, I'm going to start a series called the Friday Feeling.  Every week, I'll post about some of the things that have made me smile over the past few days, in the hope that they'll spread a little weekend cheer.

Here are a few things that have made me feel good this week:



Katy B - 5am
I've had this song in my head for days and days.  I've had to keep an eye on myself to make sure I don't accidentally end up singing along to myself and serenading everyone around me - nobody needs that.


gone-girl

Gillian Flynn - Gone Girl
I don't often read crime and thriller books, but I love this one. There are so many twists and turns to the plot - just when you think you know who the bad guy is, Flynn flips it around. I've found myself thinking a lot about the the idea that we present a certain version of ourselves to the world, and how that can be different to who we really are.  I love a book that makes me think!  I'll do a proper review when I've finished reading the book, which won't be long!


Using my brain
I went down to London on Tuesday for a training day for work.  Although it was a long day (up at 5am, home at 9pm - ouch!) it was well worth it.  I met some interesting people and learned loads. It felt so good to use my brain, and to actually learn stuff!  I've been missing that feeling since I graduated.

What's been making you feel shiny and jolly this week?  

Have a splendid weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment