Monday 24 June 2013

100 things that make this chapess happy - part 1

I came across the idea of showing you 100 things that make me happy on It's a Blonde's Life.  I thought, seeing as the blog is called Happy Chapess, it would fit perfectly.

I'm going to post 10 things that make me happy every Monday for 10 weeks - I like to think of them as Happy Mondays.  See what I did there......


1. Graeme
Graeme is my lovely boyfriend, and without getting all gooey and smushy, he's the single best thing in my world.

2. Toby
Toby is our dog, and he's cute, silly and thoroughly adorable (not dissimilar to Graeme, actually....)

3. Sunny days
Who doesn't love a bit of sunshine?



4. Reading a good book
I've loved reading since I was little.  I can still remember the day my mum took me to join the library because "I was costing her a fortune in books" - her words, not mine.

5. Baking
It's therapeutic, I consider it a bit of a life skill, and let's face it - who doesn't like cake?



6. Browsing a big branch of Boots
For me, one of life's pleasures is taking my time to wander around a really big, well-stocked branch of Boots.  You know the ones that have ALL the make up counters.  I can never get away from this with much change from £20 though.

7. Tea
I've been called a teapot on many occasions because of the sheer quantity of tea I can get through.  There's really nothing in the world that quite matches that first sip of a really good, hot cuppa.



8. Getting my hair done
Going to the hairdressers feels like a real treat - especially the bit where they wash my hair and give me a scalp massage.  It's expensive but I love it.



9. Running
Just to be clear, I'm no athlete. I really have to work at it, and I'm not often happy while I'm actually running, but the post-run feeling is just brilliant.


10. Kids' films
I'm talking old-school Disney, Shrek, Despicable Me, Ice Age - the list is endless. 

So those are the first 10 things that make me happy!  Look out for the next 10 next week!  I'd love to hear about your happy list - let me know what makes your world that bit extra sparkly in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment