Thursday 17 October 2013

Life is short

Hello chaps and chapesses!

It's been a topsy turvy couple of weeks here at Happy Chapess HQ.  I won't go into detail, but suffice to say that lately it's become more and more clear to me that life is short, much too short to waste on things that make you feel miserable and sad.  

I think Mr Bean sums it up perfectly (excuse his language):

mr-bean-life-is-short


I've realised that life is too short to waste time on negativity, and I'm going to make a conscious effort to look for the good in everything.  It's so easy to focus on the negative, and to lose sight of all the shiny, happy things in life.  Here are some things I'm grateful for: 

My health.  My body is still in one piece, and it still works.  If I ask it very nicely, it'll even run a few miles at a time. 

My chap.  I'm endlessly lucky to have Graeme in my life, and even if we do wind each other up from time to time, I'd be miserable without him. 

My home.  Our house is rented, and there are a few things we'd like to change about it, but it's our home, and it keeps us safe and cosy. 

My job.  Sometimes my job drives me potty, but I work with a decent little bunch of people, there's always something to learn, and at the end of the day, it keeps a roof over my head. 

My people.  I've been lucky enough to have some great people in my life over the years - parents, grandparents, and friends that have become more like family.  I wouldn't be the person I am without them. 

What I'm trying to say is, don't waste your life focussing on all the things that make you miserable.  Spend as much time as you can doing what makes you happy, and make time every day to count your blessings.

There endeth today's lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment