Monday 5 August 2013

100 things that make this chapess happy - part 7

Hello chaps and chapesses!

I hope you've had a good week, and the rain isn't getting you down.  I can't believe we're already at week 7 of 100 things that make me happy - where does the time go?  It seems like only a few days since I started this, here.

Woman-scratching-Scratchc-007
61. Scratchcards
I buy one every now and then for a cheap thrill.  I've never won more than a fiver on a scratchcard, but it's a little guilty pleasure I like to indulge from time to time.

soup
62. Soup 
There's nothing like a good hearty bowl of soup - it's good for the soul.  I usually make my own, and I'm quite looking forward to autumn and winter so that I can get back into soups - sorry, summer fans!


pancakes
63. Pancakes

I firmly believe that pancakes are for life, not just for Shrove Tuesday.  I make mine quite thick, and have them with butter and sugar, like my gran used to make.  They're a great comfort food, probably because they remind me of being a kid.

custard-cream
64. Custard creams
The most underrated biscuit in Great Britain, in my humble opinion.

coffee
65. Good coffee
When I say 'good' coffee, I really just mean filter coffee.  I'm not much of a coffee aficionado, being more of a tea person, but I do prefer 'proper' coffee to the nasty instant stuff.

homeland
66. DVD box sets
I'm one of those people who tends to let new TV series pass me by, and then hears about how good they are, and watches the box set over the course of a weekend, usually quite a few months later, when the rest of the world has moved on.  This happened with Game of Thrones, Homeland, and The IT Crowd, to name but a few.

lindtchoc

67. Chocolate with sea salt
Lindt do a really nice milk chocolate with sea salt in it, and there's something about the combination of sweetness and saltiness that is just beautiful.

choc
68. Chocolate without sea salt
Let's be honest, I like all chocolate.  Sea salt is a nice treat, but not essential.  I'm a chocoholic.

photobomb4

69. Photo bombs
They just make me laugh.

colorul_flower_vases-t2

70. Flowers
I love having flowers in the house - they brighten up the room, they smell nice, and they make me smile.

I hope you're enjoying these Happy Mondays.  Let me know in the comments if any of my 100 things also make you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment