Monday 26 August 2013

100 things that make this chapess happy - part 9

Hello chaps and chapesses!

So we're coming to the end of my list of 100 things that make me happy.  You can find out a bit more about what this is here.

PicnicFood

81. Picnics
There's something a bit la-di-dah and romantic about being out in the sunshine, sitting on a blanket, drinking tea from a flask.  Apart from the bugs.  Other than that, it's lush.


bank_holiday_header_0

82. Bank holidays
I'm writing this on a bank holiday Monday, and I have to say I love the whole 3-day weekend thing.  Having that extra day where you don't have to set an alarm, and you can laze around doing whatever you want, is good for the soul.


Rich-Tea-biscuits-007

83. Rich tea biscuits sandwiched with butter
I often get funny looks when I tell people about this one, but trust me, it's yummy.  It's basically two rich tea biscuits stuck together with a bit of butter.  I used to have these with my Nan as a child, and I still occasionally have them now as a thrifty treat.


Tea-Biscuit

84. Dunking biscuits in tea
Sticking with the biscuit theme, I'm a dunker, not a cruncher.  I've never known any biscuit that hasn't benefited from a little dip in a mug of builders tea.  Yum yum.


shades

85. Wearing big sunglasses
They make me feel a tiny bit like a Hollywood star, and I like it.


gemini

86. Reading my horoscope
I have a horoscope app on my phone, and I read it every day, out of habit more than anything.  


Hyde-Park

87. City centre parks
I like the feeling of calm and peace you often get when you walk into a park in the middle of the city - it's like getting your recommended daily dose of greenspace.


library
88. Libraries
I can vividly remember my mum taking me along to join our local library when I was about six or seven, because "I was costing her a fortune in books".  They're great places, and I really think they should be protected.


full-length-leggings

89. Leggings
Comfy on thin days and fat days.


pudding

90. Pudding
No matter how big and filling the main course is, there is always room for pudding.

So there we have part 9 of the 100 things that make this particular chapess happy and jolly.  Stay tuned for the final instalment next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment