Monday 15 July 2013

100 things that make this chapess happy - part 4

Hello chaps and chapesses!
I hope you're enjoying the long-awaited summer weather, and not overheating too much.
Here's my fourth Happy Monday.  If you're not sure what Happy Mondays are (I don't mean the band, by the way), find out more here.
31. The coast
I've got happy memories of childhood days out at the beach, and being near the sea still makes me feel all calm and smiley.  Especially if there's a bucket and spade involved.
32. The theatre
Graeme is a big fan of the theatre, and since we've been together I've grown to love it too.  I always liked going, but it was a very rare treat, whereas now we try to go every few months.  Seeing the action played out live on stage makes me feel like a part of the action, like watching a film but more involved.
33. Languages
I speak three languages, and I'd love to get up to five one day.  There's something really satisfying and enjoyable about learning a language, from the initial bits of vocabulary, to putting together a sentence, to having an Actual Conversation.  I love it!

34. Bubbly baths
I'm more of a shower person really, but when I have a bath I do it properly, with fancy bubble bath.  Sometimes it's the only way to recover after a hard day.
35. Having a tan
I'm naturally quite fair (some might say pasty....) and having a tan makes me feel like I look a bit healthier.  I don't tan well in the sun, so my golden glow tends to be of the fake variety.  If only it wasn't such a faff to maintain.
36.  Cheesy dance tunes
I'm talking Calvin Harris, David Guetta, and cheesy dance remixes of 80s and 90s songs.
37. Silliness
Life's too short not to be a bit silly from time to time.
38. Trees
A bit of a strange one, but trees make me feel calm.  Something about them being so old and strong, maybe.
39. Spring cleaning
This includes tidying up, clearing out, and generally getting everything spick and span.  Big Clean Ups aren't really frequent occurrences, but they're flipping great.
40. Pampering at home
Bubble bath, scented candle, face pack, music and a magazine.  Aaaaaannnnd relax.....
I hope you're enjoying these Happy Mondays - I know I am!  Look out for number 5 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment