Monday 2 September 2013

100 things that make this chapess happy - part 10

Hello chaps and chapesses!

So a few weeks ago I started making a list of 100 things that make me happy, and now, what feels like 5 minutes later, here's the last instalment!  I hope you've enjoyed reading through this list as much as I've enjoyed putting it together.

london

91. Going to London
I love the buzz of the Big Smoke.


afternoon-tea

92. Afternoon tea
Little sandwiches, a big fat scone with cream and jam, a yummy cake, and a big ol' pot of tea.  Is there anything more delish?


yoga

93. Yoga
I always feel so good after some nice stretching and deep breathing.  I've recently discovered YogaBabe, and have been doing the Good Morning Sunshine routine when I get up over the last couple of weeks, and it's really made a difference to my mood and general wellbeing.


raspberries

94. Raspberries
My favourite summer berry.  I actually prefer these to strawberries.  Is that controversial?


stationery

95. Stationery shopping
I used to love starting the new school year with shiny new notebooks and pens and pencils.  The day I got the bus to town to stock up on this stuff was one of my favourite days of the summer holidays.  I kind of miss it, to be honest.


maximo-park

96. Maximo Park
They're a great live band, and their music reminds me of being a fresher at uni.  You could say, they make me feel young.


mascara

97. Mascara
I don't feel like my face is complete without mascara on.  I don't tend to stay loyal to any particular brand - at the moment I'm enjoying Benefit They're Real.


getting-organized

98. Getting myself organised
Writing down what I want to do and achieve sort of cements it in my mind and gets me all motivated to Go Forth And Achieve.


magazines

99. Trashy gossip magazines
Every now and again I like to indulge in a little celebrity gossip - it's a form of escapism.


flowers

100. Flowers
I love having fresh flowers in the house - they brighten up the room, and generally make me smile.

So there we have it - not one, not two, but a whole hundred things that make me happy.  It's been fun putting this list together - it's been an opportunity to literally count my blessings, and now if I ever feel sad or grumpy I can come back to read through my happy list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment