Monday 9 September 2013

Blogtember: Personality test

Hello chaps and chapesses!

According to this personality test, I'm an ISFJ.  If, like me, you thought that stood for Incredibly Sophisticated and Fabulous Jetsetter, think again.  

IMG_0345

It actually stands for:

Introvert (44%)
Sensing (12%)
Feeling (12%)
Judging (56%)

It's not quite as snappy, but it does give a reasonable description of me.  Here are a few snippets of the description of my type:

...most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. - I don't think I can really disagree with that....


35733_408683352629_606742629_4254925_1365884_n
 

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play.....Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself") - I wouldn't say that I feel particularly unappreciated, but the part about delegating is pretty true.  Maybe it's part of being an only child, but I do like to do things myself rather than pass them on to someone else.


309957_10150907991726173_275565631_n

And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself).  This rings quite true.  I don't like to shout about my achievements, as I think it makes me seem arrogant or proud, which are not nice traits in a person.  Remember when I said here that my grandparents had influenced a lot of my principles?  This is an example of that.

ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However.....they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) - This is definitely me.  I have a few small groups of close friends, rather than a big circle of acquaintances.  I absolutely hate confrontation too, and actively shy away from it.  That's not to say that I don't stick up for myself - you just know that if I'm arguing about something, then that something that's important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment