Wednesday 4 September 2013

Blogtember: Useful advice

Hello chaps and chapesses!

I’ve never been particularly good with money.  It’s not one of my strengths, but I work hard to stay within my budget.

My mum tried her best to help me to budget, and it often ended in arguments.

british-money
Image

The one thing that stood out, and that I still stick to now, is to work out how much money you have per week, and to take that out in cash at the beginning of the week, and not pay for anything on your card.  

This works a treat for me.  For one thing, I can see exactly how much money I’ve got left for the rest of the week.  Physically handing over cash makes the spending more meaningful, and makes me think a bit more before spending my pennies, and as a result, I think this means I end up spending less.  Winning.


4 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea! I might try it next week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it works for me. It gets a bit more complicated when you have to use your card to buy something online, like booking train tickets, but that just means you need to plan a bit more. Let me know how you get on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice! I am not good at this. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't come naturally to me, but using only cash (as much as possible) really helps.

    ReplyDelete